Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) sets a minimum standard of general English language proficiency. Students require an English Language score from any of the following:
IELTS - 5.5 (General Training Module)
TOEFL - 71 (Internet Based Test)
TOEFL - 197 (Computer Based Exam)
TOEFL - 530 (paper Based)
TOEIC - 650 (Test of English for International Communications).
International students whose first language is not English are required to have an IELTS score of at least 5.5 per band or an equivalent proficiency per band. For further information please visit the General English Test Criteria.
Complete our contact form to enquire about a course. Our friendly staff will sed you an Information Pack and enrollment form.
Students must submit the following documents with thier application:
• CASA Aviation Reference Number Application;
• CASA aviation medical certificate;
• High school / college graduation certificate;
• English test results;
• Identification page of passport
Yes. Before you can begin flight training you must undergo a medical conducted by a CASA approved medical practitioner. See the table below for the medical certificate required for your course:
|Which Medical certificate do I need?|
For further information please see the CASA website
The following are estimates of flight time required for each license. Frequency of flying, learning rate and commitment to study will determine the overall time it will take to obtain a license
• RPL will take a minimum of 25 Hrs flight time
• PPL will take a minimum of 40 Hrs flight time
• CPL will take a minimum of 200 Hrs flight time
The commercial pilot course can take anywhere between 12-24 months to complete depending on your learning rate and frequency of flying.
The Academy international team is able to assist students by introducing homestay and other accommodation options.
A Subclass 572 Student Visa is available for the following courses:
• AVI40108 Certificate IV in Aviation (Commercial Pilot Aeroplane Licence) CRICOS Code 080122E
• AVI50408 Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Flight Operations) CRICOS Code: 065685F
• AVI50510 Diploma of Aviation (Flight Instructor) CRICOS Code: 089493E